Monday, October 9, 2006

The Golden Pavilion (Kinkaku-ji) in Kyoto

Ai and I again packed our bags for another adventure. This time to one of her favourite places, Kyoto.

We stayed at Goju Guesthouse. It was a cute little place and a nice place to stay. 



Our beds in the Backpackers, just drag them on the floor and unroll. It was heaven for me, it was thicker than my normal 'futon' at home! 


The Golden Pavilion: kinkaku-ji



The Silver Pavilion: ginkaku-ji, it was intended that it would be covered with silver leafing (similar to the Golden Pavilion), but it was soon realised that it was going to be too expensive so it remained the way it was.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous!!! It looks so pretty there! Hope you had fun. I'm living vicariously through you, lol.

    -Nye

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...