Saturday, September 28, 2013

Asabata Fire-walking Festival

Last night a local shrine held a fire walking festival. I am embarrassed to admit that I did not have a go. I had decided before we arrived that I wasn't going to because, well, I have very sensitive feet. I know, it's lame, but when I was younger I burned my feet very badly just by walking on the hot footpath. I ended up with horrible blisters and so from then on, I have been so wary of it and walking on fire would probably fall into the category of 'things that may burn your feet'. I do know I probably wouldn't have ended up with horrible blisters on my feet and to add to my embarrassment, little kids were walking across it..well more like bounding across it very fast, but I was already holding the camera, it really was a shame. I did get some great photos though. 

 





Crepes with bacon and cabbage then smothered with a bbq like sauce and mayonnaise. They were so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...